Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider was started in Nat’s basement in late 2011. We made 2000 gallons in 2012, and are now on track to produce nearly 200,000 gallons in 2021. Our mission is to search the world for superior ingredients to handcraft the most unusual ciders that no one else will make.
In the words of one local newspaper: “Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider is out to destroy everything you know about cider.”
Our Production Team Members work at our cidery in inner North Portland, Oregon. This position reports to the Production Supervisor and is responsible for completing assigned production responsibilities. Excellent organizational, time management and critical thinking skills required. Production Team Members will be expected to be able to move efficiently within and among job duties within the cidery.
This is primarily a manual-labor job involving repetitive motion, heavy lifting and variable temperatures.
- Operate all positions within the production operation including bottler/canner, pasteurizer, kegging, labeling, sanitation, warehousing, and janitorial roles.
- Effectively multi-task within and among production tasks, collaborating to prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly work-streams.
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure safety and sanitation when working among mechanical and chemical hazards.
- Accurately complete Production Orders that track inventory.
- Communicate, collaborate, and demonstrate a sense of urgency to improve process efficiency.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and warehouse space.
- Demonstrate willingness to take on new tasks and drive improvements in process efficiency, effectiveness, and safety.
- Manage production wastes (garbage, recycling, and liquid wastes) accurately and safely.
- Assist in all aspects of shipping and receiving as assigned.
- Assist in all areas of inventory management and tracking as assigned.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or desire to work in brewery/cidery operations
- Experience with liquid, gas or pressurized packaging
- Background in cleaning/sanitation
- Strong communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Forklift experience
- Willingness to work at a fast pace, yet be precise in daily tasks
- Desire to learn and progress in a rapidly growing, quality oriented company
- General knowledge of fluid dynamics and pressure
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors
- Occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level
- Age 21+ (limited alcohol tasting may be required for QC)
Compensation / Benefits:
- Shifts are generally Monday – Friday, Start times may vary from 7am – 9am
- Paid Time Off accrued hourly
- Pay/Salary range: $15.00 (starting) – $20.00 hour (fully trained & proficient)
- Employer paid health care subsidy, for full time work
- Free cider based on company policy
- Annual personal equipment allowance
Send your resume and optional references in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Production Team Member.” Thanks!