During CiderCon 2016 in Portland, my good friend and coworker Nathan Bosza presented on sales strategies to a packed room. His presentation was all about identifying the right targets and what to do when you walk in the door. Click here to download the presentation and check it out yourself.
Try Tepache blends straight out of the tap! We’ll have 12 house blends and 8 collaborator blends at the taproom. The collaborating breweries will also have a keg of one of our blends at their taprooms! Can you try them all? Check back as we add details to our list of collaborators.
Saturday, July 23 4pm-11pm at the taproom
We will be selling tokens for $2; each token gets you a 4-oz pour so you can try them all!
No pre-sales or entry fee!
Special Sizzle Pie slices will be available – Veggie Angel of Doom: House red sauce with signature cheese blend, pineapple, fresh cilantro, fresh jalapeño, and shaved almonds.
Facebook Event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1135348179829569/?ti=icl
Confirmed blends :
Tepache + Modelo Especial
Spicy Hot Tepache (with ghost chilis)
Bootylicious Jr. Tepache (coconut and banana)
Mint Tepache (smacked mint)
CoMochaPache (cold brew coffee and chocolate)
Mosaic Tepache Mimosa (Mosaic hops and champagne)
The Smoky Soapy Worm (cilantro and mezcal flavors)
Strawberry Equinox Tepache (Strawberries and Equinox hops)
The Pomander (orange and cloves)
Smokedy Ghostedy Tepache (smoked cider and ghost chilis)
TepaCherry (Sacrilege and Tepache)
Confirmed collaborator kegs:
Phantom Carriage – Barrel aged berlinerweisse with lime-quinine cider and Tepache
Cascade Barrel House
AleSmith (Speedway Stout)
Thursday, May 5 4-10pm at the taproom
The way it works is you bring a $10 entry fee and a bottle of beer you want to mix with my pineapple-awesomeness and then you drink your beer plus other people’s contributions, and I provide all the ¡Tepache! Sounds good?
You will bring:
- 1 bottle of awesome beer that you want to share & blend with your follow Tepachitos
- $10 entry fee
- Feel free to bring more than one beer but still you have to pay $10
In trade for your money and your beer, I will provide:
- A pineapple hand-stamp, granting you access to our private party zone
- All the ¡Tepache! you can drink (to mix with the beer)
- Plenty of Pacifico, which is step one on your ¡Tepache! blending experience
- 1 free tamale from Mi Mero Mole, including all the fixin’s (sauce, sour cream, guacamole, pickled onions) and more available for purchase
- Lots of free chips and salsa
- One of my 4oz glasses that you may borrow for the night
Would you do me a favor and head over to Facebook and tell me what beer you’re thinking about bringing? That would be awesome! Thanks!
For info on the 2017 Hopped Cider Fest, click here.
Get ready for the Third Annual Hopped Cider Fest! I am currently gathering the finest hopped ciders from across the country for the greatest showcase of hoppiness ever assembled in the known universe. Keep your eyes glued to this webpage for more details as they are unveiled.
The Date: Saturday, April 23rd
The Time: 12pm-9pm
The Place: My Public Taproom
The Cost: $20 for entry, commemorative tasting glass and 7 tokens each worth a 4 oz pour. Additional tokens are $2.
The Rules: 21+ only, no dogs
The following is an incomplete and quite possibly slightly incorrect list of ciders available for your enjoyment. With the exception of 3, every single one of these hoppy ciders is made especially for this festival and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.*
- Cider Riot! Rock the Kazbek- Kazbek hops in apple cider with white peppercorn and allspice
- Cider Riot! Opal S.A.S.H.- Opal Hops in Opal apple cider
- Cider Riot! Southern Peach- Ella Hops and peaches in apple cider
- Cider Riot! Corundum Fragaria- Safir Hops and strawberries in apple cider
- Cider Riot! Chaos de Tejas- Amarillo Hops and Blood Oranges in apple cider
- Schilling & Company Dank Berry- marionberry & raspberry cider with hops
- Schilling & Company Grapefruit N Hops- grapefruit cider with hops
- Bauman’s Cider Company/Rev. Nat’s Collaboration Hopped Cider X1
- Wildcraft Simcoe-hopped Aronia Berry Cider
- Finnriver Farm & Cidery Hopping Through The Forest (fir tips & hops)
- Finnriver Farm & Cidery Goschie Cascade (fresh hops)
- Wandering Aengus Barrel-aged Anthem dry cider with fresh citra and cascade hops.
- Wandering Aengus Barrel-fermented anthem cider co-fermented with Kazbek, Cascade, and Hallertauer Blanc hops
- New West Cider 6 hop combo: Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo, Galaxy, Galena, and Merkur
- Rack & Cloth/pFriem Collaboration Hopped cider, TBD
- Apple Outlaw Double Dank Hop (Simcoe hops + pineapple)
- Apple Outlaw Feelin’ the Bern (Willamette & Warrior hops + mango + habanero)
- High Five Cider Strawbasourus hop (strawberry cider with Sorachi ace, Nugget, and Cascade hops)
- 2 Towns Cider Imperial Hop & Stalk (rhubarb cider with citra hops)
- Incline Explorer
- Ncider Pear Hoppin Cider
- Reverend Nat’s Hallelujah Hopricot
- Reverend Nat’s/Coalition Brewing Collaboration Hopland in Space
- Reverend Nat’s Barrel G Hopricot (bourbon barrels)
- Reverend Nat’s Dry-Hopped Sour Cherry (citra & cascade)
- Reverend Nat’s Dry-Hopped Whiskey Sour (equinox)
- Reverend Nat’s Imperial Dry-Hopped Revelation Newtown Pippin (chinook & amarillo)
- Reverend Nat’s UK-hopped Hallelujah Hopricot (goldings & fuggles)
- Reverend Nat’s UK-hopped Revival Dry (challenger)
- Reverend Nat’s Fresh Hop Hallelujah Hopricot (cascade & amarillo)
- Reverend Nat’s Shoot the Glass (Mosaic dry-hopped Revival)
- Reverend Nat’s Dry-hopped Tepache Mimosa (mosaic)
- Reverend Nat’s/Enso Winery Collaboration Vinocot (cascade)
* With the exception of Incline Explorer, Ncider Pear and my own classic & arguably the benchmark Hallelujah Hopricot.
In final addition, we will have food available for purchase from Sizzle Pie.
CiderCon 2016 was a great time, even though I came down with influenza just prior, and spent most of the week asleep either at home in bed or on my feet while trying to give tours and presentations. Nonetheless, I did manage to give a talk on hops with my friend Joe Casey from Square Mile Cider/CBA. He talked about the science and some of the agronomy of hops and I talked about varieties and usage in cider.
Celebration of Revival at The Taproom
4-11pm, Thursday, February 4th.
We will have several one-off flavors of Revival Hard Apple on tap, and those who order the special Revival flight or a full glass of Revival will receive a free portion of Revival Cheddar (aged cheddar made with Revival cider) from Face Rock Creamery. We will have a special price on regular Revival Hard Apple as well as discount on bottles to-go. FaceBook event reservations page.
Revival Hard Apple
Eagle Rare Barrel-Aged Revival Hard Apple
Revival of the Honeybee
¡Tepache! con Revival
Revival aged Cheddar by Face Rock Creamery in Bandon, OR
More about Face Rock Creamery: http://
All Rev Nat’s cider & schwag purchases made today in the taproom are 25%-off for CiderCon attendees.
#CiderCon2016 attendees, show your CiderCon badge to receive 25% OFF all taproom purchases TODAY! Please present your badge at the time of purchase. (Not valid for purchases made prior to 02/04/16 or Tent Show memberships.)
The legendary cider maker Tom Oliver will grace us with his presence at the taproom from 8pm-10pm, Wed, Feb 3. Nearly as impressive, the taproom will have on hand a very limited supply of his vintage 10-year old Oliver’s Herefordshire Dry Cider to sample.
Red Fleshtival at the taproom, 10am-7pm, Sun, Feb 14.
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, the taproom will be offering a special flight of red & pink ciders for your romantic enjoyment.
Special Rev Nat’s ciders include:
Sacrilege Sour Cherry
Revelation Mountain Rose
West County Cider Redfield
Snowdrift Red Cider
“Red flesh ciders are unique because they are rich in anthocyanins.”, said West. “This compound, usually found in red and purple fruits, adds an extra dimension of flavor and level of complexity in a straight apple cider that is almost impossible to achieve using conventional apples.” – Nat West
VISIT my CIDERY & TAPROOM
1813 NE 2nd AVENUE
PORTLAND, OR 97212
Taproom is age 21+.
A 3 gallon firkin of Revival Hard Apple double dry-hopped with Yakima-grown Mosaic Hops is being tapped tonight in the taproom at 4pm.