Saturday, June 25th, 2016. I cannot quite relate to you how three years in business have come to pass. We must celebrate three years of bringing cider to the good people of Portland and beyond with a day-long open-air extravaganza that includes music, food and kiddie pools. We’ll have your favorite ciders and several new ones to try, surprise food collaborations and a special musical guest. Please check back for more details as they are posted.
Oregon Cider Week 2016, Thursday June 17 to Sunday June 26
Find us online: #ORCW2016
Stay tuned to this page as we announce even more events including tap takeovers all over Oregon!
Thursday June 16
Cider Appreciation Class 7-10 PM
Over the course of three hours, “students” will taste 20+ ciders alongside Nat himself, all the while discussing the history of cider, regional differences in cidermaking techniques, and the developing cider culture in the US. The ciders we will drink include traditional English Westcountry, French style from Normandy, Spanish Basque and Asturian, and the emerging American style. Nearly everything we drink will be apple-only; there is just that much variety! This event is held in the taproom, is $45 per person and “class” size is limited to 32. Please arrive at 7 pm well-fed since we will serve no food. Advance registration required, seating is limited. Email email@example.com or call 503-567-2221 to reserve your space.
Friday June 17
Cider Summit Portland, 2-8 PM
Serving Sacrilege Sour Cherry, The Passion, ¡Tepache! with Mexican lager and Whiskey Barrel Aged Revelation Golden Russet with Black Currant, our entrant in the the Fruit Challenge
Geek in the City watches Tombstone Movie drinking “I’m your Huckleberry” cider, Starting 9:03 PM
After drinking cider all evening at the Summit, cruise over the Broadway bridge to the Taproom to watch a movie as Nat’s favorite Portland pop culture podcast Geek in the City records a live show at the taproom, performing MST3K-style off the cuff commentary of the 1993 classic western Tombstone, starring Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliott & Bill Paxton. Keep your festival wristband on for $1 off all 12 oz. cider pours, including a one-night-only exclusive cider “I’m your Huckleberry”. Movie starts at sundown, 9:03 PM, free.
Saturday June 18
Cider Summit Portland, 12-6 PM
Cider Summit Afterparty, 6-10 PM
With DJ Jimbo. Done with the Summit and want more cider? Come on over to the taproom for $1 off all 12 oz. cider pours with your Summit wristband including many ciders I didn’t bring to the Summit.
Sunday June 19
Portland International Cider Cup Judging, 10-4 PM
4th Annual judging of the best ciders in the Northwest.
Chocoholics Anonymous Cider Pairing
At The Beermongers, final event for Portland Beer Week event, enjoy Sacrilege Sour Cherry paired with spicy chocolate from TBD.
Tuesday June 21
Lorrie’s Gold and Revival Dry 2015 Release Party
Including a rare tapping of 2012 Revival Dry.
Wednesday June 22
OMSI After DARK
Serving Sacrilege Sour Cherry and The Passion
Thursday June 23
Revival Night at the Taproom
A dozen blends of Revival available for one night only, along with steaming hot and gooey mac and cheese made with Face Rock Creamery Revival-Cheddar
Friday, June 24
Barrel Aging Seminar+Drinking, 5-7 PM
Taste ciders aging in barrels and giant tanks, in every step of the cidermaking process. Price TBD. Rare barrel aged bottles available for sale separately.
Saturday June 25
Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider 3rd Anniversary Party
Street closed! Sausages! Rare ciders by us and our friends!
Sunday June 26
Tent Show Release Party, 2-5 PM
Annelies Sparkling Elderflower Wine and a general public cider bottle share.
During CiderCon 2016 in Portland, my good friend and coworker Nathan Bosza presented on sales strategies to a packed room. His presentation was all about identifying the right targets and what to do when you walk in the door. Click here to download the presentation and check it out yourself.
More tepache blends than ever before. At our taproom, and at your other favorite bar. Can you try them all? Check back as we add to our list of collaborators.
Saturday, July 23 5pm-11pm at the taproom
Confirmed blends (Tepache + ):
Fatheads Smoked Helles lager
Thursday, May 5 4-10pm at the taproom
The way it works is you bring a $10 entry fee and a bottle of beer you want to mix with my pineapple-awesomeness and then you drink your beer plus other people’s contributions, and I provide all the ¡Tepache! Sounds good?
You will bring:
- 1 bottle of awesome beer that you want to share & blend with your follow Tepachitos
- $10 entry fee
- Feel free to bring more than one beer but still you have to pay $10
In trade for your money and your beer, I will provide:
- A pineapple hand-stamp, granting you access to our private party zone
- All the ¡Tepache! you can drink (to mix with the beer)
- Plenty of Pacifico, which is step one on your ¡Tepache! blending experience
- 1 free tamale from Mi Mero Mole, including all the fixin’s (sauce, sour cream, guacamole, pickled onions) and more available for purchase
- Lots of free chips and salsa
- One of my 4oz glasses that you may borrow for the night
Would you do me a favor and head over to Facebook and tell me what beer you’re thinking about bringing? That would be awesome! Thanks!
Get ready for the Third Annual Hopped Cider Fest! I am currently gathering the finest hopped ciders from across the country for the greatest showcase of hoppiness ever assembled in the known universe. Keep your eyes glued to this webpage for more details as they are unveiled.
The Date: Saturday, April 23rd
The Time: 12pm-9pm
The Place: My Public Taproom
The Cost: $20 for entry, commemorative tasting glass and 7 tokens each worth a 4 oz pour. Additional tokens are $2.
The Rules: 21+ only, no dogs
The following is an incomplete and quite possibly slightly incorrect list of ciders available for your enjoyment. With the exception of 3, every single one of these hoppy ciders is made especially for this festival and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.*
- Cider Riot! Rock the Kazbek- Kazbek hops in apple cider with white peppercorn and allspice
- Cider Riot! Opal S.A.S.H.- Opal Hops in Opal apple cider
- Cider Riot! Southern Peach- Ella Hops and peaches in apple cider
- Cider Riot! Corundum Fragaria- Safir Hops and strawberries in apple cider
- Cider Riot! Chaos de Tejas- Amarillo Hops and Blood Oranges in apple cider
- Schilling & Company Dank Berry- marionberry & raspberry cider with hops
- Schilling & Company Grapefruit N Hops- grapefruit cider with hops
- Bauman’s Cider Company/Rev. Nat’s Collaboration Hopped Cider X1
- Wildcraft Simcoe-hopped Aronia Berry Cider
- Finnriver Farm & Cidery Hopping Through The Forest (fir tips & hops)
- Finnriver Farm & Cidery Goschie Cascade (fresh hops)
- Wandering Aengus Barrel-aged Anthem dry cider with fresh citra and cascade hops.
- Wandering Aengus Barrel-fermented anthem cider co-fermented with Kazbek, Cascade, and Hallertauer Blanc hops
- New West Cider 6 hop combo: Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo, Galaxy, Galena, and Merkur
- Rack & Cloth/pFriem Collaboration Hopped cider, TBD
- Apple Outlaw Double Dank Hop (Simcoe hops + pineapple)
- Apple Outlaw Feelin’ the Bern (Willamette & Warrior hops + mango + habanero)
- High Five Cider Strawbasourus hop (strawberry cider with Sorachi ace, Nugget, and Cascade hops)
- 2 Towns Cider Imperial Hop & Stalk (rhubarb cider with citra hops)
- Incline Explorer
- Ncider Pear Hoppin Cider
- Reverend Nat’s Hallelujah Hopricot
- Reverend Nat’s/Coalition Brewing Collaboration Hopland in Space
- Reverend Nat’s Barrel G Hopricot (bourbon barrels)
- Reverend Nat’s Dry-Hopped Sour Cherry (citra & cascade)
- Reverend Nat’s Dry-Hopped Whiskey Sour (equinox)
- Reverend Nat’s Imperial Dry-Hopped Revelation Newtown Pippin (chinook & amarillo)
- Reverend Nat’s UK-hopped Hallelujah Hopricot (goldings & fuggles)
- Reverend Nat’s UK-hopped Revival Dry (challenger)
- Reverend Nat’s Fresh Hop Hallelujah Hopricot (cascade & amarillo)
- Reverend Nat’s Shoot the Glass (Mosaic dry-hopped Revival)
- Reverend Nat’s Dry-hopped Tepache Mimosa (mosaic)
- Reverend Nat’s/Enso Winery Collaboration Vinocot (cascade)
* With the exception of Incline Explorer, Ncider Pear and my own classic & arguably the benchmark Hallelujah Hopricot.
In final addition, we will have food available for purchase from Sizzle Pie.
CiderCon 2016 was a great time, even though I came down with influenza just prior, and spent most of the week asleep either at home in bed or on my feet while trying to give tours and presentations. Nonetheless, I did manage to give a talk on hops with my friend Joe Casey from Square Mile Cider/CBA. He talked about the science and some of the agronomy of hops and I talked about varieties and usage in cider.
Celebration of Revival at The Taproom
4-11pm, Thursday, February 4th.
We will have several one-off flavors of Revival Hard Apple on tap, and those who order the special Revival flight or a full glass of Revival will receive a free portion of Revival Cheddar (aged cheddar made with Revival cider) from Face Rock Creamery. We will have a special price on regular Revival Hard Apple as well as discount on bottles to-go. FaceBook event reservations page.
Revival Hard Apple
Eagle Rare Barrel-Aged Revival Hard Apple
Revival of the Honeybee
¡Tepache! con Revival
Revival aged Cheddar by Face Rock Creamery in Bandon, OR
More about Face Rock Creamery: http://
All Rev Nat’s cider & schwag purchases made today in the taproom are 25%-off for CiderCon attendees.
#CiderCon2016 attendees, show your CiderCon badge to receive 25% OFF all taproom purchases TODAY! Please present your badge at the time of purchase. (Not valid for purchases made prior to 02/04/16 or Tent Show memberships.)
The legendary cider maker Tom Oliver will grace us with his presence at the taproom from 8pm-10pm, Wed, Feb 3. Nearly as impressive, the taproom will have on hand a very limited supply of his vintage 10-year old Oliver’s Herefordshire Dry Cider to sample.