Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider was started in Nat’s basement in late 2011. We made 65 barrels in 2012, 650 barrels in 2013 and 2800 barrels in 2014. Now we are making over 500 barrels per month. Our mission is to search the world for superior ingredients to handcraft the most unusual ciders that no one else will make. We are known for moving fast and taking chances.
In the words of one local newspaper: “Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider is out to destroy everything you know about cider.”
We are hiring immediately to fuel our continued growth. We have an opportunity for a sales representative focused in the Los Angeles area but covering all of Southern California. This position spends many hours per day in your own well-maintained vehicle. You must live in the immediate vicinity of Los Angeles California.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, positive and motivated individual who wants to be a part of our expansion and understands that it’s necessary to be flexible to thrive in a high growth environment. Ideally you should have experience growing a brand from tiny to mid-sized. Big-beer folks aren’t going to be a good fit nor are folks looking to break into the industry.
Experience Needed to hit the ground running:
- 2-5 years in alcohol sales experience working for a supplier or distributor in Southern California. Preference given to experience with Reyes Beverage Group.
- Proven sales effectiveness. Show us you’re a good salesperson, not just going through the motions.
- Excellent organizational skills. While we are strong in the Pacific Nortwest, SoCal is ripe with lots of opportunity for our ciders. Show us how you would stay organized with minimal layers of bureaucracy in place.
- Clean driving record and background check.
- Desire to Crush: It should be a natural part of your personality to wake up in the morning with a strong desire to crush it:
- Crush blocking issues
- Crush your sales estimates
- Crush your next chain meeting
- Crush customer expectations about service
- Crush consumer’s views about boring cider
- Crush your sales presentation to our distributor
- Identify it, then crush it
- Born Motivator: To be successful you have to have the skills to enlist others in your mission, especially the distributor sales force. You cannot do all the work yourself, there is simply too much.
- Problem Solving: The ability to focus on the mission in spite of constant day to day obstacles.
- People Person: An ability to read people to speak their language. There are many personality types out there and you’ll need to be successful with them all including other members of the Rev Nat’s team.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Most people think they have this competency but you aren’t born with it. Reports to your senior management and disciplined follow-through with distributor team and accounts are what makes or breaks you.
- Refine how we execute our brand in our home markets.
- Strategize with senior management to define success.
- Gain new distribution placements, acquire displays, get features and increase sales in your territory to attain goals.
- Work with distributor to attain market sales goals.
- Educate distributor sales force and retailers on how to tell our story and sell our products.
- Work directly with and maintain relationships with key retailers and regional buyers to help build the high end hard cider category in their establishments.
- Participate in tastings and festivals to sample consumers on our products.
What We Offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company in the fastest growing category in the US.
- An ever-changing work environment.
- Base salary plus commission.
- Chance to make a difference and create you own your role!
- Great tasting cider made with real apples and lots of it.
Send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Southern California Sales Representative”. Without all three pieces, we cannot process your request. Thanks!