Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider was started in Nat’s basement in late 2011. We made 65 barrels in 2012, 650 barrels in 2013 and 2800 barrels in 2014. Now we are making close to 500 barrels per month. Our mission is to search the world for superior ingredients to handcraft the most unusual ciders that no one else will make. We are known for moving fast and taking chances.
In the words of one local newspaper: “Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider is out to destroy everything you know about cider.”
We are hiring immediately to fuel our continued growth. We have an opportunity for an on-premise sales specialist in the Seattle area. This position spends many hours per day in your own well-maintained vehicle. You must live in Seattle Washington.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, positive and motivated individual who wants to be a part of our expansion and understands that it’s necessary to be flexible to thrive in a high growth environment. You do not need extensive sales experience but you do need extensive knowledge of the on-premise beverage world.
Experience Needed to hit the ground running:
- 1-2 years beer sales experience. This can include direct retail to consumers in a bar or restaurant, working for a distributor, or other.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Clean driving record and background check.
- Desire to Crush: It should be a natural part of your personality to wake up in the morning with a strong desire to crush it:
- Crush your sales estimates
- Crush your manager’s expectations about performance
- Crush customer expectations about service
- Crush consumer’s views about boring cider
- Identify it, then crush it
- Born Motivator: To be successful you have to have the skills to enlist others in your mission, especially the distributor sales force. You cannot do all the work yourself, there is simply too much.
- Problem Solving: The ability to focus on the mission in spite of constant day to day obstacles.
- People Person: An ability to read people to speak their language. There are many personality types out there and you’ll need to be successful with them all including other members of the Rev Nat’s team.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Most people think they have this competency but you aren’t born with it. Reports to your manager and disciplined follow-through with distributor team and accounts are what makes or breaks you.
- Strategize with your sales manager to create success.
- Gain new keg and bottle distribution, get features and increase sales in your territory to attain goals.
- Work with distributor to attain market sales goals.
- Educate distributor sales force and retailers on how to tell our story and sell our products.
- Work directly and maintain relationships with primarily on premise alcohol buyers (primarily bars and restaurants) to help build the high end hard cider category in their establishments.
- Conceptualize and execute events, tastings and festivals to sample consumers on our products.
What We Offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company in the fastest growing category in the US.
- An ever-changing work environment.
- Base salary plus bonus.
- Chance to make a difference and create you own your role!
- Great tasting cider made with real apples and lots of it.
Send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Seattle On Premise Sales Representative”. Without all three pieces, we cannot process your request. Thanks!