Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider was started in Nat’s basement in late 2011. We made 65 barrels in 2012, 650 barrels in 2013 and 2800 barrels in 2014. Now we are making close to 700 barrels per month. Our mission is to search the world for superior ingredients to handcraft the most unusual ciders that no one else will make. We are known for moving fast and taking chances.
In the words of one local newspaper: “Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider is out to destroy everything you know about cider.”
We are hiring immediately to fuel our continued growth. We have an open position for a Production Team Member at our cidery in Portland Oregon. This position reports to the Production Floor Manager and is responsible for completing assigned warehouse, inventory and packaging responsibilities. Excellent organizational, time management and critical thinking skills required. Production Team Members will be expected to be able to move fluidly among a variety of job duties within the cidery.
This is an especially intense manual labor job involving repetitively moving heavy stuff. Apply only if you have a strong back!
This is a part time position with the potential to transition to full time.
- Capable of fulfilling all positions on the packaging line (filling, pasteurizing, labeling, kegging, keg cleaning, etc.)
- Operating an automated canning line
- Labeling of finished product
- General facility/equipment upkeep and maintenance
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and warehouse space
- Special project work as assigned
- Assist in all aspects of cider production as required
- Responsible for all pertinent record keeping associated with the day’s tasks
- Ensure garbage and recycling are set out at appropriate times
- Assist in all aspects of shipping and receiving as assigned
- Assist in all areas of inventory management and tracking as assigned
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Wild Goose canning machine strongly desired
- Strong background in cleaning/sanitization
- Strong communication skills
- Mechanical ability
- Forklift experience
- Willingness to work at a fast pace, yet be precise in daily tasks
- VERY flexible availability; shifts may include weekends, nights, overnights and are subject to change at short notice
- Desire to learn and progress
- General knowledge of fluid dynamics and pressure
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 140 pounds
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors
- Occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level
Compensation / Benefits:
- Paid Time Off accrued hourly
- Pay/Salary range: $12.00 – $15.00 hour
- Employer paid health care subsidy, for full time work.
- Free cider based on company policy
- Annual boot allowance
Send your resume and references in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Production Team Member.” Without all the pieces, we cannot process your request. Thanks!