Like all great businesses, Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider was started in Nat’s garage (and basement) in late 2011. It was never supposed to be this popular, but apparently he struck a nerve with his unusual ciders. We made 65 barrels that first year in the garage, 650 barrels in 2013 and 2800 barrels in 2014. Now we are making about 600 barrels per month.
In the words of one local newspaper: “Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider is out to destroy everything you know about cider.”
We are hiring immediately to fuel our continued growth. We have an opportunity for a multi-talented individual who will focus primarily on bookkeeping with some production administration work. This job is flexible part time, 20-35 hours, based out of our office in Portland. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, adaptable and a motivated team player. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to gain experience in the beverage industry or accounting in an ERP system. You will report directly to our Controller and work with other members of the production team. Our work environment is fast paced, but relaxed and friendly with a strong team focus.
- Prepare journal vouchers
- Record and reconcile daily taproom sales
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash
- Accounts Receivable
- Manage customer accounts and ensure timely and accurate invoicing
- Record payments, prepare and make bank deposits
- Accounts Payable support
- Code and enter expenses and reimbursables- including company credit cards
- Assist monthly state reporting to states to which RNHC direct ships
- Assist monthly preparation of excise tax returns for state and federal agencies
- ERP Administration
- Prepare inventory documents
- Input inventory data into ERP
- Input goods received into ERP
- Prepare, scan, and label documents
- Answer phone for our general line and take messages
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- 2+ years experience in bookkeeping/accounting
- Extremely high level and consistent attention to detail
- Fundamental knowledge accounting principles
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Highly desired: Experience working in an ERP system, SAP preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting field
Compensation / Benefits:
- A chance to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company in the fastest growing category in the US.
- Opportunity for career growth and challenge.
- An ever-changing work environment with a strong community culture.
- Pay begins at $15 with opportunity for advancement
- Employer paid health care subsidy, for full time work (not applicable for this part-time position)
- Paid time off accrued hourly (not applicable for this part-time position)
- Free cider based on company policy
Send your resume and references in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Part-Time Bookkeeper.” Without all the pieces, we cannot process your request. Thanks!